ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAN
PROVIDING GOODS AND SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Timmins Garage Inc is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities such as wheel chair accessible restrooms, Timmins Garage Inc will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at reception area, service counter and posted by restrooms.
Timmins Garage Inc will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
This training will be provided to staff within 10 days of hire and will be added to our Orientation procedure.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Timmins Garages Inc.’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the TTY services and to provide training on other assistive devices and services when they become available.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Timmins Garage Inc’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Timmins Garage Inc provides goods and services to people with disabilities can by way of:
· Phone at 705-268-4122 or Toll Free at 1-(877) 589-6640
· Email at email@example.com
· Feedback via our website www.timminsgarage.com under the “about us” tab.
· In person
· or whichever way the customer may prefer.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the Human Resources Department.
Customers can expect to hear back within 5 business days.
Notice of availability
Timmins Garage Inc will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by printed copy (will also be available in large print if requested), Verbally and a copy will be available on our website www.timminsgarage.com under the “About Us” tab.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Timmins Garage Inc that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.